View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 05:24 PM
X22

Default Re: Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz here!

I mention the polka and "New Duck" because of the differences. You'll notice that I said on the polka you didn't sound like Alan White but the guitar riff on Duck was almost exact.
Quote:
Is this a new development or is it strictly something he tries to acheive on actual song parodies?
It wasn't an attack on what you played or how you played it, just an observation where I wanted to know why you did what you did. I assumed it was because it was a polka medley vs a cover but I wanted you to answer. Thank you for answering.

I do notice that Al tries to get a "sound" for a particular tune that he's not parodying. It was probably two albums ago where you recorded what I believe to be a very Zappa-esque tune. And from a lot of different Zappa...

Nobody ever understands a person's job completely. That's why we're asking you. There was a vague statement made about your skill set/job requirements and I (we?) wanted clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
But to cite something from early 1985 - a polka medley no less, which is not intended to sound like the songs included in it - and tell me that a part is "nothing close" is rather unfair. But I don't mind explaining it.

He's probably right. The more I think about everything I do with Al, the more I realize what a unique position I'm in. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that some people don't quite understand it.

Bermuda