View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 10:58 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator

Default Re: Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickRick View Post
Why does Vinnie have a problem with being sampled/sequenced?
I meant that he apparently abhors electronics. That means that he won't (or can't) do what a lot of producers/artists require. Not that he doesn't keep sufficiently busy anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickRick View Post
If you'd quit with Al, I'd be happy to give that gig a shot :). I love stuff that requires many different drumming-skills.
First and foremost, my chair is not available. Second (and co-foremost) the gig is far more than just playing the parts I play on the kit. There's a mess of cues, sequences, tracks, and hairpin turns that make each night's show. We're not doing a concert perfromance, we're doing a show. Do you sing? Doesn't matter, Al will make you sing in addition to all the other acrobatics that occur in the show. Oh yeah, hope you like doing shtick, too.

Between tours, the pre-production and demo-process involved in each album would make most drummers change professions. Every time I go into detail about working out parts & sounds, I'm amazed that I've gotten this far without bailing, or going crazy. Well, I still go crazy, I guess I'm just used to it by now.

Bermuda