View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Drum Teacher Directory

not to rain on anyone's parade but plenty of this info is allready out thier, their are listings all over the place if people are prepared to look. It's a great idea but Drummerworld has the potentional of then having a Monoploy on everything drums on the net by taking this route. Having one website for all things drum makes people lazy. Kinda like Mcdonalds makes people lazy when choosing somewhere to eat a burger. They just go to Mcdonalds bebcause they know where it is.

In england we have Drumsense http://www.drumsense.com/ which is easy to find on the internet. It was set up by a Rythm magazine drummer, he still writes for them. Not to mention all of the lower level private session drummers which advertise on thier websties. Guys like pete riley and what not. In the whole I think putting something like this would take business away from them, I dont think they would be happy about that. Or be very happy to pay for it, seems they would have to eventually becasue people are lazy and Drummerworld would over shadow their little websites. Monopoly is not cool, drummerworld is'nt just a cool little website now it's huge and it has the power to corner the market in this respect. No dis respect cause I love this site, im not sayng this will happen either. Just throwing it into the mix.