View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 08:06 AM
Platinum Member

Default Drum Teacher Directory

Here's an idea. The August 1990 Modern Drummer magazine included an international drum teacher directory. Then later published it as a separate publication. I remember getting it and looking up the drum teachers that were in my state and the surrounding states. I even contacted one or two of them for lessons. When I travel, I often look in the phone book to see if there are any drum teachers whose names I recognize. I'm sure many others do the same.

My idea is to have an online drum teacher directory on Drummerworld. In just the past few weeks I have seen postings here looking for teachers in New York and Boston. A directory would be a great place to look. I have had students of mine move to other states and cities. It would be nice to have a listing of instructors to reference for that reason. I know there are other teacher listings on the internet, but Drummerworld is one of the most popular sites out there.

Here's some info that could be included.
Years of Teaching Experience
Formal Education
Articles, Books, or Videos published
Levels Taught - Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Styles Taught
Other Percussion Instruments Taught - Congas, Mallet Percussion, etc.
Areas of Emphasis
Teaching Full Time/Part Time
Average Number of Students per Week
Length of lessons offered - 30, 45, 60 min.

The drum teachers could have a free listing or pay a small amount per year. I think the lower the price the more teachers would sign up. But of course, Drummerworld still needs to pay the bills and that it completely understandable.

Please let me know what you think.

Jeff