Thread: John Bonham
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 10:46 AM

Default Re: JOHN BONHAM'S THREAD

Quote:
sorry guys but i've held back long enough : don't get me wrong i love jb as much as the next person but the truth must come out 1) led zepplin was totally hated by the critics thru most of their career and the record buying community(remember i'm 43 years old so i have some memory left that the scotch wiskey did'nt kill)2) the most popular bands at the time where deep purple ,alice cooper ,black sabbath, sweet , the osmonds (ahhhh) , jackson 5 , grand funk ,sly stone, etc... remember i'm not putting them down.3) it really was'nt till the advent of f.m. radio and the classic rock format that things started happening for them (by this time jb had passed. sidenote : kiss was the most popular band in the world by then.Carmine appiece(i think i spelled his name wrong)was considered the far better drummer at the time.led zepplin was considered underground hippie music then and only appreciated by the sub culture.And we all know the story of jimmy page being the biggest thief of american black music. sorry to piss anybody off but that's the way it was in the 70's.....wayne
that is biggest lie ive ever heard. Along with The Beatles, Led Zeppelin is one of 2 bands with 5 diamond albums, meaning sales of more than 10 million each. They are Led Zeppelin 4 (22 mil), Physical Graffiti (15 mil), Led Zeppelin II (12 mil), Houses of the Holy (11 mil), and their Boxed Set (10 mil). black sabbath,jackson 5 did not sell that many recrords. dont tell me they were not popular until after bonzo died. the crictics probley didnt like them that much, but thats probley because they were so different than anything else up there. and everyone knows the media sucks. come on the box set took out 50 cent in the record sales charts 20 years after they broke up.