Thread: Jeff Porcaro
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 03:53 PM

Location: Manama, Bahrain Lebanon but originally from Neuchatel, Switzerland.
Default Re: Jeff Porcaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
Well I only said he 'seemed' to be whacked off his head on gack, and that's a statement I'll stand by ;) But thanks for the info, that's good to hear, and I mean no disrespect to your friend.
No problem ! I just wanted to set the record straight.

Speaking of Garfield and Porcaro, I can only recommend everyone to check out David's "Tribute To Jeff" album. It features 75 of the most famous studio musicians playing stuff ranging from Hendrix to bebop. There is a great drumming piece with 21 drummers/percussionist.... some names : Laboriel Jr., Ferrone, Gadd, Vega, Colaiuta, Weckl, Erskine, Conte, Castro, Purdie...

The album comes in two versions : a) the original released in 1997 and b) "Revisited" released in 2006. The newest version features two songs (Boz Scaggs's "Lowdown" and Steely Dan's "Babylon Sisters") with vocals from Santana's Alex Ligertwood + bonus tracks. The above two songs are featured as instrumental on the original recording.

It is a wonderful tribute to one of the greatest drummers of all time. Check out www.creatchy.com if you're interested.

David Garfield has always featured outstanding musicians on all his recordings (solo, Karizma, Los Lobotomys). His most recent solo album, "Giving Back", features a song called "Tune For Tony" that has Gregg Bissonnette and Vinnie Colaiuta double drumming.