Thread: Travis Barker
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Travis Barker

for a couple years i studied travis a lot. i watched a lot of videos, all the drumsolos, i know how to play every blink song including the new album that just came out. i watched videos of him in the recording studio. I use to think he was best thing ever, but i expanded my thinking and realized that he wasnt as good as i thought,i started listening to tool and led zeppelin so i then i realized that he was nothing compared to those guys. but travis seems to be able to pull of something new every album. i think he did a really good job on the boxcar racer album. he was always ahead of the other drummers in the other pop punk band i think travis is overrated but underated at the same time. millions of people say that he is the best thing ever. and then theres the crowd that says o he overated hes not that good. but i think his playing is restricted by the people he plays with. like these punk musicians(not to bag on them or anything) hes restricted to simple time signatures and other things like that. im sure if he played with someone like from a more technical band like from tool for example. im not saying hes going to be the most amazing but you have give him some more credit