Thread: Danny Carey
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 09:47 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Danny Carey

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnhiggins View Post
Depending on when you bought your copy of Aenima you may have got the cool gimmicky animated CD case. They were cool...

But I have to say, as their music has got worse their album art has got increasingly ornate ;)

Salival is sort of worth getting, but only for the CD. And even then, there's only a couple of memorable tracks. No Quarter is cool, Third Eye live shows their precision and energy (but doesn't do anything to improve on the album version, really) and the live version of Pushit is something I'm still to be sold on. I think it's a great live track when you're in the middle of a few thousand sweaty people nearly passing out from lack of oxygen, but the album track serves the song better on CD, if you ask me.
I kind of agree but seeing Tool on stage now is nothing short of astonishing. I've never seen a stage show quite like it, absolutely amazing, they put on a proper "show" in the true sense of the word, there's so much going on you just don't know where to look. The tickets were expensive but in hindsight well worth it.

I think Salival is worth it for the DVD/ video whichever version you get. The videos are really cool if you're into that sort of thing, I personally have a big thing for stop motion animation and think the work Adam Jones does is nothing short of astonishing. He has to be good at something eh?