View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 08:44 PM

Default Re: The legendary Steve Gadd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael drums View Post
Whoa! Slow down there, cowpoke. Look, Gadd is a fantastic "odd-time" percussionist, but there's alot of these guys out there, buddy. Have you ever heard Weckl, Colaiuta, Steve Smith, Peart, Jo Jo Mayer, Copeland, Cobham, Greb., etc... Having Gadd as your favorite drummer is fine, he's probably alot of peoples' favorite, but to hold him "higher than thou" is a bit of a stretch. I LOVE Steve Gadd, don't get me wrong, but the only one I consider on a pedestal from all others is Buddy Rich, though not with us any longer. I may even get some flack for saying that here, but I can't waver from feeling that way about Rich!

Play On!
OK you are right. But Gadd isnt my favorite drummer, it is just that we are talking about him here. There are many good drummers but some just dont know how to use their brain when playing.

Maybe I shoudn't write bad things about any musucian, I respect their hard work-I am still learning by the best drum teacher in Bulgaria-Nikolai Tonchev.

Cobham was here is Bulgaria one month ago and I was happy to see him play live because much of the methods I am learning from are his.

Hey have you seen Dave's 13 accents? And I do not want to boast mysef but at the moment Wekl is practicing from a paradiddle textbook which I am learning from.

Sorry I didn't mean to insult anyone.

Peace!