View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 06:19 PM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: hendrix vs. paige

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhzoso View Post
Pretty sure they did alot more songs than that no?? To say he ripped off most of his stuff is incorrect. And to say JPJ came up with the majority of riff's (i guess all the ones that were not ripped off) but did not get the credit is unfounded.. How do you know this? Your pretty sure he came up with them? do you know some facts? Dude I can perfectly understand you having an opinion the Hendrix was better but to totally discredit everything Jimmy did is pretty ignorant.
I wasn't discrediting everything Page did, I love Page. My friend told me most of what I said (he thinks Page is better than Hendrix) and he's actually shown me some of the songs that Page got his ideas from, so I trust him. I think I read in a Led Zeppelin biography that John Paul Jones came up with alot of the riffs. I wouldn't say all Led Zeppelin songs are ripped off and I never did, I just said that not all of Led Zeppelin's songs were all from Page's imagination, he took ideas from other people and made them his own.