View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 02:07 AM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Default Re: Phil Maturano here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzsnob
Wow Garvin, my friend's dad had Habib and his band over for dinner last night and I went and hung out. They're a pretty awesome crew, I must say. The music they put on was pretty amazing. I'm just mad I didn't get to see them play in person, and that I don't speak french. The percussionist only spoke french but when one of his friends said I was a drummer he seemed really and started playing these beautiful polyrhythm things on the tabletop with his hands. I am a white, westernized drumset player, and I was(not surprisingly) awestruck. I know that's kind of a generic story, but it was SWEET. He's playing in SF a few times this week, I'm gonna try and go see him.

Anyway, one thing I must say Phil-I just watched you're entire presentation to the Meinl festival on your youtube thing, and I must say I found it very inspirational. You are a very good clinician and teacher and I'm buying your damn book. :)
Thank you very much Jazzsnob. If there is one thing that is important to me it's being a good teacher. Being able to communicate information about drumming. If we dont have that with each other, our art suffers. So I really appreciate your words.

If anyone is intersested...i posted some stuff from my next book on my blog
http://www.philmaturano.com/blog/
Left foot clave concepts, audio and pdf files all there for you.
All the best
pm