View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Gregg Bissonette

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3ng
I first got into gregg watching 'Bass Extremes Live' video he did with Victor Wooten and Steve Bailey. Go check this video out! IT's awesome!

And I have to say, gregg is becoming one of my fav drummers out there. I'd love to study under him. He knows his stuff and styles. And I have to learn his facial expressions.

BTW, anyone have any specs on greggs kit? I've been looking around to no avail. I love his tom sounds.
Gregg is my favorite drummer and I was fortunate enough to do drum cartage for him and take lessons in the early 90's.
He uses a 22" kick, (used to be 24" w/his Pearls)10, 12, 14 toms and a 16" floor. He uses coated ambasadors on the toms (clears on bottoms) and a powerstroke3 on the bass. He is now using a coated w/white dot on top head for his snare. Back in the Pearl days he used a coated emperor on the snare. He has always used coated ambasadors on the toms though. Of course they are all Remo.
Keep in mind he plays a top of the line Mapex drum set.
Hope the info helps.
By the way, if you punch his name in Youtube there are a few things that I had never seen before. Either Gregg Bissonette or Bissonette.

Mikey B
IM me on MSN @ mikeybbdrummin@hotmail.com
OR Email me @ mikeybbdrummin@yahoo.com