View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Ironwood drum set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadruple Groove
Oh cool, its the Duallist, hows that working out for you?

haa looks like a great kit, especially love the seat and the outer bass head, howd you get that made?
Thanks. The seat stand is a Roc-N-Soc nitro. I took off the saddle style seat a month ago and swapped it with the round cushion from an old medical exam stool - smaller but softer than the Roc-N-Soc. I still use the leopard print seat cover I had a tailor make a long time ago.

As for The Duallist, I love it, but it's too controversial a piece of equipment to discuss here. People have heated opinions about it, especially if they have never played one. A freewheeling and enlightening Duallist discussion is at http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...hlight=dualist

The resonant head is from www.drumart.com and the design is the Spirit Drums logo. Drumart does amazing work, very beautiful and professional and they'll skillfully touch-up any low-quality art work you send them. The great to deal with and I'd recommend them to anyone looking for a custom head.

The only downside is they use Aquarian heads and I'm a Remo loyalist (shhh - don't tell anyone!). But the head does sound and look great.