View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 03:10 AM
DW Pro Drummer

Default Re: Billy Ward here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstringdrums
Billy - I think I've spoken with you online a few times, on your forum I believe, and you were kind enough to check out my website for disabled drummers www.handidrummed.com and offer your insight. I just want to say again how much of an influence you are in my playing. Especially in how I approach setting up the drums and shooting for maximum comfort, as a drummer who needs all the help in being as comfortable as I can get, your phylosophy behind it has been invaluable to me.Your DVD is definately a "Stranded on a Desert Island", "the house is on fire, what do I save" scenario for me :)

Thanks again for being such a wonderful educator and down to earth person. Hopefully some day I'll get a chance to meet you in person or catch a clinic, but unless you're in the middle of Massachusetts along Rt. 2 somewhere, I doubt it :)

Take Care - Rob Richard
Thanks Rob - feel free to let me know if there is anything that I can do for your helpful endeavors!

ON a sad note - I am sorry to say that original Knack drummer, Bruce Gary passed away on August 22nd.

here's a link:
http://abbeyrd.best.vwh.net/news/823brucegary.html

I was a guy that replaced him on their record, Serious Fun and, while I didn't really know him well, I think this is a loss for our drumming community. Might have to play a little My Sharona for him at drummerLive!