Thread: Virgil Donati
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 01:49 AM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: Virgil Donati is the Buddy Rich of our time ("IMO"...I suppose)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlow
I am sorry I have heard CAB and the VD band, it's nothing you can bob your head to... it's people over playing. Cheesey synth, a guitar player shredding, unnecessary drum soloing, they left that stuff in the 80's for a reason.

I guess I'm sorry, because I love that stuff...I like seeing musicians go nuts...IT moves me, and excites me...Now if you don't like that kind of stuff, then cool...But lots and lots and lots of people LOVE that stuff...It's an inspiration...While you may see this stuff as UNNECESSARY, thats just YOU...Others tend to totaly disagree...There is no right or wrong way of looking at it...All thats important is what makes YOU want to listen or watch...Alot of muscians prefer to challenge themselves and make things unpredictable and interesting...I don't think i would still be playing drums at the rate i do, if i didn't want to challenge myself, and maybe play things that some would call unesscessarty...And no, most songs by CAB or VD Band are not the usual tap your foot, easy listening, 4/4 time stuff...They try to offer somthing unusual, and complex...IMO, it's fantastic...