Re: DRUM INSTRUCTION DVD REVIEWS
Bobby Jarzombek / “Performance & Technique”
Bobby’s playing is exemplary. His technique is flawless. His taste is well deserved.
Intermediate to advanced
• Bobby’s 3 showcased songs are great with lots of intricate moves and tasty playing. The down side is you only get a glimpse of his double-bass wizardry. He does some really nice syncopated bass drums riffs that I’d like to see.
• The exercises he lays out are good ones to work on 4-way coordination and 2-way [between hands and feet] coordination.
• He does a nice explanation of “stick twirling” and how to. What I really liked was him pointing out when not to do the showy stuff.
• He demonstrates some nice “showy” stick twirling in a solo [that and his incredible double-bass playing seem to be his forte]
• You get some “extras” like him in the studio [so-so], buying Paste cymbals [another so-so] and preparing his kit for a show [if you’ve done it once, you’ve done it a thousand times]
I very much liked his humble attitude. He is a very likeable and extremely talented guy. I hope his next video will focus more on his double-bass technique, which is not just mindless 64th notes like a machine-gun, but rather excellently timed and executed.