Thread: Joey Jordison
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006, 01:09 AM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Default Re: Joey Jordison

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornslipknot
You cant stand Slipknot, and that has anything to do with Joey Jordison. They would be glad not to have you as a fan, looking at that ugly head of yours :P!!!

That solo is whatever someone interprets it to be. We all have our dreams and goals, so you really make the decision of whether you like it or not. However, obviously it takes a lot of talent to pull that, and for people that say it doesnt, id like to see you do it!
We'll leave my face out of this for that. It's a post-modern pose... an anti-pose if you will. Heh.

I can't stand Slipknot, no, but I can appreciate the work that goes into it. That's the difference. I understand that Joey is a good drummer (I would argue he's good, not great, but good). I never said I could do it, but in all honesty that kind of musical 'statement' is literally an exercise in practice. With enough practice, I'm sure quite a lot of people could play it. It's just a matter of sitting there for hours with a pad each day and a double pedal. Speed comes with practice and technique, but making music is an entirely different kettle of fish all together.