Thread: Alex Riel here!
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer

Default Re: Alex Riel here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsweb
Hey Alex.

I'm from Denmark weee :) I just wont to say that you play on the drums is so fantastic.
You know how to play with feeling, and how to get the best sound out of the drums.

Are you soon gonna play live with NLD (Niels Lan Doky again? I would love
to see you live.

Keep up the nice drumming ;-)

Best Regards
Simon Duun
SimonsWeb.dk
Hi Simon,
Thank you for your kind words! As for the sound of my drums you're right it means a lot to me that my drums "talk" to me. Their sounds inspire me very much. I need to feel that I have some kind of conversation going on with them!

As for Niels Lan Doky I've actually been seeing him a lot recently. We played a great gig in Germany last month with bass player Pierre Boussaget and violinist Didier Lockwood. And then there was the project with Lisa Nilsson I mentioned in my previous post.

Also, two days ago (friday 7th) we both accompanied Pat Metheny who opened the Copenhagen Jazzfestival with a huge outdoor concert in Tivoli Gardens. That was one incredible gig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The line-up besides Doky and myself was: trumpet player Palle Mikkelborg, percussionist Marilyn Mazur (who both have played with Miles Davis), sax player Tomas Franck (great Coltrane-like player!!) and one of my favourite bassists Jesper Lundgaard.
It was of course a great privilege to play with such a fantastic musician as Pat Metheny whom I've always admired. And I'm proud to say that all of us - incl. Pat - really played our b*tts off in front of a ecstatic audience. It was indeed a night to remember!

Best wishes
Alex