Thread: Travis Barker
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Travis Barker

DRUMStuff.com: Who were your early influences?

Travis Barker: I liked Mikki Dee, who plays with King Diamond. He was with Dokken and Motorhead, too. God, he's an amazing drummer, he has a good style. I've always liked Dennis Chambers, he's real flashy. [giddily] God, who else do I like? I like Steve Gadd, everything he did with Steely Dan. There's so many. I like everything. Stewart Copeland. Fish-- I love him so much.

Ok, stop now- there's no need to argue anymore. Everyone on here is comparing Travis to the drummers HE loves. But on a sad note, most of his fans are young teenagers, who give him a bad name. It's unfortunate here how people are comparing him to people he looks up to, and everyone is acting as if Travis is "challenging" these drummers. I wonder if Travis ever reads these forums. He probably just laughs about all of this. He is by far the most laid back and caring celebrity in the music scene. Yes, I said celebrity. He is one, not because he chose to be, but because that's just what happens when a lot of screaming teenagers support him...