Thread: Vinnie Colaiuta
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Vinnie Colauita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticktrick
Wow - you seem to know a whole lot about Vinne. Actually, you sound like a Vinnie-professional! You've already checked out at least 5 Vids with Vinnie - thats amazing. I am blown away by the amount of research you've put into that one post. Great. Keep it up!

Hey - you're not only a Vinnie-listening professional, but also a professional drummer! How else would you be able to analize Vinnies solos so deeply just by watching them a few times?? Maybe you should give Vinnie your number so that he will be able to take a lesson with you. I'm sure that you can tell him interesting things about Groove and Feel. But I have to warn you: You will not succeed in turning him into a creative person. He is just not it, but who am I telling this to? You knew about this already for sure!

Yeah.... It is a real pitty that you were not there. You would have showed these ignorant fools in the audience!

I'm asking myself: Why the hell do I even bother about your post? It is just so amazingly wrong and plain arrogant.... wow! I've said this in a few other threads before, but it is actually people like you that make me hate this board and that make me want to leave it.

Look, this could be such a cool place: People sharing their knowledge and their passion for drumming and and for drummers. People sharing. People getting into positive discussions. But what happens way too often is, that people who have nothing to say or to add to threads just throw in their nonsense to start off discussions or to provoke other people. Why cannot everybody just accept it, when people - like Vinnie or any other great drummer - do great things on the drums?? Is your self-esteem really that low that your afraid to admit that other people are actually better than yourself or your personal heroes??

I just don't get it. There is so much greatness in this world. Why not just enjoy it, maybe - if you like - learn from it and be real happy about it?

Maybe some people just have to get a few years older.
First of all i'm not critisizing Vinnie drumming as a whole, I am critisizing his solo's which I find boring and uncreativive compared to the other great drummer in the world (Gadd, Weckl). And those videos that ive watched quite a few times now obviously represent how Vinnie solos, if I am missing somthing than please enlighten me.
I'm sure of Vinnie can lay down a variety of grooves, just like any drummer who been playing for so many years. In fact I have heard them with my own ears. Vinnie is a very good drummer, but I do not like his style of soloing...that's all i'm saying. If I sounded overly negative than thats my bad.

I'm sorry that you take other peoples opinions and critisisms as a personal attack, and I feel sorry for you that you can only respond with sarcastiuc comments without trying to refute my opinion with a debate. I'm not making an effort to piss people off, i'm just stating how and why i'm not fond of vinnie's style of playing. I still dont see how I am wrong and arrogant. Maybe I come across as very negative, but I am not a negative person at all, if you look outside this thread i've been nothing but positive sinse ive been here.