Thread: Lars Ulrich
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 02:47 AM

Default Re: Lars Ulrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiricNightMachine
Does he really have to practice his doulbe bass? have you already seen him live and did he mess up a little? Well I think I have heard that in the old days of metallica he often had to warm up for a long time for being able to play some songs with fast double bass but is this still the case?
I have also heard they have never played dyer´s eve live, is this true? (great song and pretty fast double bass)
I saw them play Dyer's Eve. Lars made no attempt whatsoever to even play the double bass part. He simply played slow 16th notes on the high hat, 8th notes on the snare, and played a single bass durm stroke on the "e"s. It was sad.

The only song I have ever seen him perform the double bass properly was "Harvester of Sorrow".

And for God's Sake - Get a Ride cymbal!!! This and the tom issue annoy me most. Get the two other toms back, and get a ride! He uses this China in the place of a ride, and it sounds horrible. In case no one noticed, Lars hasn't used a ride cymbal since Master of Puppets. Check it out!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=crsD-uQ6q...e%20Unforgiven

I know that he uses a hihat at the part he uses the china, but I still hate it. GET A RIDE LARS!!!!!!!!

- Marc