View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 06:16 AM

Default Re: I'm here! - Billy Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy ward
Hi! I use all the DW stands - the ad you are mentioning is their LIGHTWEIGHT series - so yeah, they ARE lightweight. But they are also very sturdy - if you are a true basher, I would avoid. Otherwise, that 6000 series is a great deal - and it's what I'm using if I'm doing the lifting! :D

Also - yeah, Mark Craney. I'm honestly still speechless - I hope you saw the Modern Drummer magazine feature about him. It has two wonderful articles - one by Robyn Flans with quotes from many drummers who knew Mark - and the other by Doane Perry (Jethro Tull) who was very close to Mark and it is a WONDERFUL read. I saw Mark play with Jean Luc Ponty and Gino Vanelli 9this was before I knew him) and he totally killed me. I learned a ton just by watching him. (Hi Mark - you are missed)

Until the recent MD issue I have never heard of Mark Craney. I understand now how well respected and what a monster player he must of been and look forward to listening to him w/Jean Luc Ponty and Gino Vanelli when I find those cd's. He must be one of '' the underrated drummers of all time' to have slipped by me all these years. God bless.