Thread: Thomas Lang
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Thomas Lang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drums558
I just bought the Creative Control dvd and it's exactly what I needed at this point in an instuctional dvd. If I can get 5% of what he's doing i'll be pleased.
In the video he talk's about math not always being musical and that developing a high level of technique make's the more simple groove's easier to play. I believe he can groove his a** off but I would like to hear him live in a musical setting.
Once again, the dvd is an instructional one with the entire focus being on technique so keep this in mind if you buy it. For me being in my 4th month of learning double kick it is the perfect instructional video and has already helped my left foot endurance.
Just buy it,
Mike
I completely agree Mike. This DVD is about blinding technique. It's so true that learning even a small percentage of this stuff makes simple grooves simpler to play. I'm sure he can groove with the best of them but why would he want to put simple (ish) grooves in an instructional dvd. That sort of stuff can be learnt from listening to the radio (well maybe not, but you get my point).

Lang is awesome. I hear he spent a couple of years getting lessons off the great Vinnie Colaiuta. If this is true, I can't see him not being able to groove ridiculously well., as Vinnie can do ANYTHING!!!! ANYTHING!!!!