View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 01:19 AM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Hey everyone! This is a great community you all have going on here and I'm glad to be a part of it.

You can check out my website for a full bio here. http://garrettthedrummer.com/

Real name? Garrett Hawkins

Age? 21

How long have you been playing? About 10 years

Origin of user name? People always referred to me as "Garrett the drummer" when I was getting introduced in friends bands, and it just kind of stuck.

Your top 5 drummers? Gavin Harrison, Tony Royster Jr, Mike Portnoy, Benny Greb, Longineu Parsons III. They're all very different players but I think they all do they're styles very well.

Make of drumkit? Prok Pie Rosewood Zebra Maple

Make of cymbal? Mostly Sabian AAX and a few assorted Zildjians

Where do you practice? My living room, and a practice room I share with a few bands.

Are you in a band? I'm not a full fledged member or any but I freelance with a few consistently. (once a week practices, recordings, shows)

Do you play covers or originals? Both

What style of music? Everything. Rock, Metal, Jazz, Funk, Electronic, Pop, whatever

Favourite take out food? Chipotle

What country do you live in? The United States

One really odd fact about yourself? You can type my name using only the left half of your keyboard.

How did you start drumming? School band in 5th grade. A friend joined playing snare drum and I just wanted to hang out. Somehow he left and my passion stuck.

Last edited by GarrettTheDrummer; 08-12-2014 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Adding picture