View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 01:34 AM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Hey, Everyone. Glad to be here. Always great to be around fellow drummers.

Real name? Antonio J. Newell

Age? 29

How long have you been playing? 17 years

Origin of user name? My nickname is "Tony." I'm also a composer (mostly in hip hop, rap and dance). I used to always get, "Man, your music's BANGING!" or something similar, usually with the word "bang" in it. So, eventually, the name came up as "Tony Bhaingz." So, I figure that since I like to "bang" on the drums, why not incorporate it into my drumming presense.

Your top 5 drummers?

1) Manu Katche'
2) Dave Weckl
3) Terry Bozzio
4) Chris "Big Daddy" Daves
5) "Dylan" (Because he spits "hot fire")

Make of drumkit? DW Pacific Vintage

Make of cymbal? Zildjian K Custom Hand-Hammered, Meinl, Sabian Hand-Hammered, Wuhan

Where do you practice? Anywhere, at anytime -- but mostly at a studio and at church.

Are you in a band? Yes.

Do you play covers or originals? Both.

What style of music? Gospel, Jazz Fusion, Rock, Pop, Salsa, Afro-Cuban

Favourite take out food? Subway, Chipotle, In N Out and Taco Bell. (As well as Juice It Up)

What country do you live in? United States

One really odd fact about yourself? I used to be extremely curious and would like to taste laundry detergent (in powder form). It was exciting until 0.5 seconds after, when the burn sensation would kick in. Lol.

How did you start drumming? First, I developed the curiosity for when my mother's ex-boyfriend used to allow me to sit on his leg as he played during church services. I was around 3 or 4 years old. I wasn't until I was 11 that I actually got my chance to play for a church service. Until that time, I was just practicing all the time. But once they finally heard me, I instantly became the head drummer, at 11 years old. Lol. Talk about animosity at the church! Anyhoo, there's been no turning back since.
Attached Images