View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 05:21 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Anybody else who doesn't care about the World Cup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon La Ply View Post
I was less keen to see the Dutch go past us but we often get beaten at this level. As usual, the Asian and African teams are struggling to avoid first found knockout.

We and Spain are already eliminated and have a pride game to finish up. At least we scored a classic goal, even if I can't count the number of times our triumphalist media has replayed it since ... talk about living on little victories.
Sorry to hear that. At least you guys have the #1 golfer in the world. I'm very surprised at the results so far, I've been keeping up with the scores, but all the games are on channels I don't get. Plus, I'm working when most of the action is going on. I've always rooted for the team that had to go through my favorite team to get to the championship game. Ghana knocked out the USA team in the early rounds in a couple previous World Cups, so it was nice to know the USA team is still in contention by beating them. Weird World Cup this year.