View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 09:50 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Vic Firth TITAN Drumsticks - Product Spotlight video

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnareSpectre View Post
My biggest complaint was the weighting of the stick, and it made it unplayable for me. I know stick preference is totally subjective, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but these things are so forward-weighted (probably from the hollowed-out butt end) that I feel like I'm desperately fighting the stick instead of letting it do the work. I wanted to play for a few hours with them to give him some feedback, but I honestly couldn't stand them for more than 15 minutes. It feels like the equivalent of swinging a baseball bat with a donut on it.

I really am hoping they catch on and make more sizes and weights to choose from because I love the idea of ultra-durable and ultra-consistent sticks like this, but the TITANs themselves just don't do it for me.
See, Promark gets that people have these balance preferences! I kind of wish they made the Titans so we'd at least have two balance choices. I much prefer forward weights, which explains why I like these more than you did.

Have to say, though, after playing with Vater Power Houses after breaking that Titan, I prefer the rimshot feel of wood sticks.