View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 06:56 AM

Default Re: NDD! My Classic Maples are here!

First show with the Classics. I really like how they sound. We played a show with minimal PA support, just vocals. I could actually hear my bass drum through the din of all the guitar and bass amps. That was a refreshing change I'll tell you. I am still troubleshooting the bass jump thing. I went to Home Depot and picked up a 3x5' low-pile, rubber backed entry way mat. I think it will work much better over all. I also cut a 3x5' section of 1/4" plywood for a more stable platform for the practice room. In addition to all that, I got a one foot section of 4x4" to act as a bass drum brake. The plan will be to bolt it to the front of the low-pile mat. My curved bass spurs did a pretty good job at the show, however the bass pedal still managed to come loose once. I might try backing the bass pedal spikes totally off so that I am just using the Velcro on my DW 9002s to anchor. I did raise my bass drum about 1 1/2" off the floor. I will find this bass drums sweet stable spot if it kills me. lol.

Sorry for the bad pic. My camera on my phone is weak and someone came up and attached some lights to my stands, even before I was done setting up.... I am sure he meant well, and might have been going for some sweet pic, but it just made it harder for me to see stuff.
Attached Images