View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 03:55 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Anybody else who doesn't care about the World Cup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacteriumFendYoke View Post
I've got to say Jules, having played Aussie Rules a few times in fitter days, it was a lot of fun and something I could've definitely have played more given the opportunity.
I would never have guessed you'd have had much exposure to it Dunc, let alone play it. Was it at school or is there a local league or something? I believe many of the ex-pats living in London may have formed a social league in order to have a kick, but apart from that I would have thought exposure to the game would be more or less non-existent in the UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJames View Post
We interrupt other sports programming to point out that the 24 Hours of Le Mans is currently running.
Go Webber!!

And for those that can move past its tainted reputation and still marvel at the spectacular feats of endurance and all round hardness, Contador's burst uphill to snatch the lead from Froome on the final climbing stage of the Criterium du Dauphine, was compelling viewing too. Bring on Le Tour!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimFiore View Post
Those who can, do. Those who can't, watch it on TV!
Or go to live venues to watch tired old farts pull out yet another rendition of Brown Eyed Girl. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souljacker View Post
It can be highly enjoyable watching the best of the best go compete against each other.
Pretty much sums up the enjoyment of watching sports for me too mate.