View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 05:00 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: NDD! My Classic Maples are here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Bull View Post
Love that kit Bo! I think its a pretty cool finish too, and not one that many others have either. But for the most part, I am just a fan of these larger drum sizes. I love going to catch a live show somewhere and I see sets like these take the stage. It sure isn't for the meek at heart. You sure have to go out of your way, and want to play these sizes. Lol.

And by all means everyone, share away! You all have some beautiful kits.

Yeah, I was on the fence about the logo. I will fly this one for a while and see how I like it. I Also like Ludwig's other small script logo as well. How do people get the smaller version of the logo I currently have, I guess the one like you have Bo?
There's a guy in Canada making replica logos out of vinyl and I actually get those and apply them myself to smooth white emperors. The size I got is 6" x 1.25". Back in the 70s Ludwig used to make them that size and applied them close to the edge but they haven't done that since so I do it myself now. On my 14x24 it looks great.

But I stick with this era logo because it's a blue-olive badge kit with the fat curved spurs and looks at home in the 1975 catalog. If it had the Keystone badge, the old script looks better.