View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 08:07 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: It's Been Awhile, But Look at What I Got!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacco View Post
To be honest I did not get the sense of Dre25's post, but maybe it's just a language problem (I mean: maybe I don't get jokes in English …).

Anyway: first of all let me tell you that you have found a great snare! In fact it looks like your Supra is a chrome over brass one (COB)! The interior does not look like Ludalloy (aluminum). I have a relatively recent COB Supra and it has a very similar interior. What I do not understand is the blue / olive badge: it seemed to me that around 2008 Ludwig already had the new Monroe type of badge (new keystone badge).

Ludwig experts?
Yeah I took it to a local music shop and the guy there thought that it might be a brass shell, too. I'd be really interested to find out.

By the way, but not to brag, but I got the drum for $177.50. Both the guys that work in the Drum Dept. at the shop said I stole it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
I can't help with your questions, of course, but it's good to see you back here, and oh my goodness, WHAT A BEAUTY!
Thanks, Magenta!