View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 08:41 AM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Hey everybody,

I've been posting some videos on the forum, but realized I haven't bothered to introduced myself, and noticed that forum seems to be a bit of an inside, tight group. A lot of great people and drummers that have gotten to know each-other over the years. I look forward to continuing to be a part of this great online community.

Real name?
My name is Campbell Youngblood-Petersen, and I've been living in New York City for about a year now.

Age?
How long have you been playing?
I'm 24, and started playing piano 15 years ago, solely because it was required for me to be a percussionist two years later in fifth grade band.

Origin of user name? My username is pretty obviously my initials.

Your top 5 drummers? In no particular order: Brian Blade, Eric Harland, Justin Brown, Stanton Moore, Adam Deitch

Make of drumkit? I have a Gretsch New Classic Bop Kit, Yamaha Tour Custom, and Yamaha Al Foster HipGig - the only kit with me in NYC :(

Make of cymbal? 20'' Bosphorus Master Series, 21'' Sabian AA Raw Ride, 22'' Bosphorus Antique Series, 14'' Bosphorus Jeff Hamilton Hi-Hats, full set of Sabian AAs

Where do you practice?
Surprisingly in my NYC apartment!

Are you in a band?
Do you play covers or originals?
What style of music?
Yes- currently I am playing with a group called h.y.p.e. that plays original r&b/soul/jazz/funk/fusion

Favorite take out food?
Can't argue with pizza

What country do you live in?
USA

One really odd fact about yourself? I have listened to so many interviews with great drummers, that I have developed a strange habit of often picturing myself answering some interview question related to some specific drumming pursuit when working on something.

How did you start drumming?
Pots and pans baby! My parents tell me a story of my unofficial baptism, since I wasn't exactly raised religious, where the legendary master drummer Babatunde Olatunji picked me up and threw me up in the air (and luckily caught me!), so I like to think that started everything off.