View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 06:29 AM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Hey guys. As you can tell, I joined this forum back in summer of 2005, I only made a couple of posts and haven't come back since. I was 18 and just graduated from high school. I have been a prolific member at musician's forums (what was MXtabs and is now Sputnik Music) since 2004 although the forums have been gutted and there's no drum community anymore.

I've been playing constantly, but there was a 2-3 year period just recently where I stopped advancing and even started decreasing in skill, as the bands I was playing in weren't engaging me. I don't even live with my drumset but I've been woodshedding the past couple of months on a drumpad and have already seen vast improvements.

Real name? Justin Radford
Age? 27
How long have you been playing? 15 years this summer
Origin of user name? Long story, but its been my online alias since 1999.
Your top 5 drummers? Ian Paice, Keith Moon, Mitch Mitchell, Ringo Starr, Gene Krupa
Make of drumkit? Sonor, Pearl, and Rhythm Traders
Make of cymbal? Zildjian, Sabian, Amedia, Wuhan, Paiste
Where do you practice? Pad at my apartment, set at parents' house and at rehearsal studios
Are you in a band? Two permanently, although I am temporarily filling in for a third at this time while they find a permanent drummer
Do you play covers or originals? Mostly originals but I am a fan of covers
What style of music? One is proto-metal (think Deep Purple/Uriah Heep), the other is campy indie pop
Favourite take out food? Thai
What country do you live in? United States
One really odd fact about yourself? I have a larger head, and shorter limbs than the vast majority of people my height
How did you start drumming? Taking snare drum lessons