Thread: Experiment
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 09:53 PM
"Uncle Larry"

Default Re: Experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beam Me Up Scotty View Post
Why not give Pro Mark a look? With their new stick designs, there's a good chance you might be able to find what you're looking for.

Otherwise, I have no suggestions as to what might be a good material to try this with, but I think it's a damn cool idea. I'd love to see how it turns out, if you do find something suitable!
Pro Marks are usually too forward weighted for me but in all fairness I haven't checked them out in years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opentune View Post
We use this stuff at work, to mount and polish rock samples. Its very hard when cured.
epoxy and hardener. cure time depends on time and temperature, a day or two at room T. They have a 'trial kit' for $18

http://burnhampetrographics.com/petropoxy/ppp.php

Not sure how you get/fashion a symmetric bead but you can maybe dip your stick tip and let it hang dry. ok...that was an awkward statement , lol
Good tip, I'll look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrInsanePolack View Post
I have been thinking about this also, and have considered using heat shrink wrap. My only concerns is that it will effect the balance of the stick and sound weird. It is really easy to use, though, and can be cut and trimmed once shrunk.
Shrink wrap doesn't seem like it would be hard enough, but that wouldn't stop me from trying.

Gomez Addams