View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 03:10 AM

Default Re: What do you think about Casey Cooper (COOP3RDRUMM3R)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Roddy View Post
Did the members here not give accurate descriptions of his playing?

I saw many things mentioned about Caseys drumming that are not "opinion" or "accusations"....but, fact.

I mean, If I posted on here and asked "opinions" about my playing....I would want the community to be honest.
And with that honesty, I would listen to what these experienced players are saying because sometimes....you're not aware of issues until someone else points them out.
D
Those opinions or "critique" is what new drummers(started taking lessons in July) like myself take weekly lessons for-to help keep us focused and to point out when I am making errors and give me direction of what I need to work on. If I was to attempt to learn to play the drums just by watching youtube videos, I would have either given up on the drums and sold the kit or still trying to get a basic beat down because my hands and feet don't want to work together. And I would not want my drum teacher to sugarcoat what mistakes I am making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opentune View Post
Curse you BO 3D3R DRUMM3R!

A good example of who you cite are the many sessions musicians. All the super talented but unseen folks whose names appear only in credits. Sadly, they too may slowly be getting replaced by sampled sounds and midi.
I really hope drummers are not truly getting replaced with sampled sounds and midi because there is nothing like having the pulse of the drums being played live.