View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 05:19 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: What do you think about Casey Cooper (COOP3RDRUMM3R)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumming sort of person View Post
That's the problem. You are spending so much time creating videos that you have no time to work on the craft of actually playing the drums. Why does everyone feel the need to deluge the Internet with mediocrity?
Xactly. How does being super duper busy constantly creating videos relate to "becoming the best drummer you can be"? (Which, in my book, would rather relate to _physically_ working on becoming a better drummer/musician, not spitting out YouTube videos.) Out of those 16 hours per day, how many hours are actually spent on "becoming the best drummer you can be"? How much is lighting, video shooting, editing, all that periphery stuff? Are you practicing 16 hours or working 16 hours on your brand?

What I forgot to mention in my previous post when I said I don't care for copycats is that the drummers who 'made it' are getting gigs/engagements/recording projects because they have some uniqueness - _if_ people want that. So a Steve Gadd is supposed to bring some element of Gadd into whatever project he's involved. What could you bring into a project? Did you actually have enough time to develop something that could be labeled a style of your own or at least some traces of uniqueness? Serial production vs. individualism.