View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 11:36 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator

Default Re: Ludwig's new Signet 105 drum line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Ismore View Post
So its not just aesthetic, it holds the lug nut in place.

Tho we're hearing that without the plastic piece, the rod/tuning/function would not be effected.
Correct, and correct.

Quote:
We're then to assume the lug nut jams up against the metal casing of the lug when tension is applied, or in the case of a proper design there's a channel in the metal part of the lug that secures the lug nut during tuning.
No assumption, that's exactly what it does, as with every other swivel-nut lug I know of.

Quote:
Or as Harvestdrum sez: "It appears its designed like this incase the barrel nut gets damaged and needing replacement."
If the plastic piece can be removed, then yes. I guess if the nut was damaged, that would be a suitable incentive to force the plastic piece out. But rather than buy a nut, order a replacement plastic piece, and run the risk of injury to hands, I'd just order an entire lug.

Quote:
So an access hole to the lug nut on the outside, the back (shell side) of the lug from the pic shows the lug nut is not acessible from the back, the plastic part is basically a 'lug nut access hole cover' is what were getting its 'function' is.
Well, that's partially correct. It does provide access to the nut, but it also serves to hold it in place.

Bermuda