View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 02:52 PM

Default Re: What do you think about Casey Cooper (COOP3RDRUMM3R)

Quote:
Originally Posted by porter View Post
Casey said he didn't want to be "the most technically talented", not that he didn't want to be the "best player he can be". If something under the "best player" level for Casey is enough for him, then it's... well, enough, and that is his decision. :)

Though don't get me started on the 99% extremism in his reply there...
haha yeah, I was just having a little fun with the numbers there since I've got no actual data to refer to.
But thanks for actually understanding what I'm saying and not trying to turn my words around just because it isn't my ultimate goal to be the most technically talented drummer in the world.

Every time I get behind a kit, I give it my all and put in 100% in an attempt to be the best I can be, and I think that shows by the way people react after they see me play live. Of course every one who can sit behind a computer and wants to scrutinize will click replay will scrutinize, but after I get done playing live I've never had someone say anything other than how much they loved watching me jam and that I was tearing up the skins. And that's not because I'm more technically talented than the next drummer, in fact the last gig I was at, there was a 40 year percussion veteran band director in the other school's pep band who had chops for days, but I play with an intensity, energy, passion and love for what I do and I give it my all to be my best and that strikes a chord with people and it's hard to match.

Last edited by COOP3RDRUMM3R; 03-22-2014 at 02:53 PM. Reason: spelling