View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 01:09 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: What do you think about Casey Cooper (COOP3RDRUMM3R)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOP3RDRUMM3R View Post
You look at me and my "success" as "cutting the queue," when it's the exact opposite of that. I don't believe you give me anywhere near the credit for what I have accomplished and the work I've put in. If a new recruit came into your job, took a similar job to you for WAY less money (if you divided my ad revenue from YouTube by the amount of hours I've worked to build my channel, I would be making about 10 cents an hour), and proceeded to work 16 hours a day almost everyday for a couple of years, would you say he is undeserving of the fruits of his labor just because he is younger or new?
Now I understand you probably have no idea what goes into creating a YouTube channel like mine, but in less than 3 years I have created over 500 videos, almost exclusively by myself (recording, mixing, editing, uploading, responding, etc etc etc) all while over the spring/summer/fall working 80+ hours a week at Turner Field to earn the money to pay for the gear I use in my videos and going to school and performing with Georgia State's marching band and basketball band. That has translated to way too many days where I get to sleep at 5 or 6am and wake back up at 8 or 9am to get started again. I'm not saying I'm, the only person who works their tail end off, but I am saying that if you think I haven't worked for what I've achieved and that I've cheated the system, you're off on that. Getting lucky is the only way to cheat the system. There's no substitute for hard work.
Before reading this post I may have agreed with Dre's assertion of Mr Cooper "cutting the queue" but this has changed my mind on the subject.
No, not the best drummer in the world (he admits this) but no one can deny the time and effort he's put into his videos and building his channel (if nothing else, the sheer quantity is staggering IMO).