View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 05:05 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: What do you think about Casey Cooper (COOP3RDRUMM3R)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Hyde View Post
there are videos on youtube of guys falling off of bicycles that have thousands of views, doesn't mean much. this is a drum forum, if your drumming isn't as good as its claimed to be, your going to hear it.
Yeah pretty much this. When a youtube drummer gets this much praise, people want to see if they deserve it. We've seen average drummers rise to youtube fame, wherever that gets them in real life I don't know but I think it's reasonable for us to find it annoying if someone is cutting the queue, I mean that annoys us in any other area of life. Imagine you have a job and some new recruit comes along and gets promoted ahead of you when you're actually better at the job, that's annoying! Or your gf leaves you for a total douche bag but everyone else thinks he's great. But life isn't fair so most of us just let it be (I do).

I watched your most recent one, your drumming is really good, looks very rehearsed. I probably look a bit anti-social when I make a video but I would rather that than your plastic smile, but hey they probably encourage you to do that stuff. Are you over-rated? Yes, but I'm sure that kind of criticism will motivate you to want to live up to your hype.