View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 02:12 AM

Default Re: What do you think about Casey Cooper (COOP3RDRUMM3R)

Good on you, Casey, for responding to the comments on this thread.

You're well on your way to becoming an awesome player and as you said, you have lots of time to improve. At 22, you have had a great start!

I don't see most of the comments on here as critical in a bad way... When I was a teen, my older brothers were both already established professional musicians. When I started gigging with them when I was 17 when we'd rehearse they'd be giving me suggestions very similar to the spirit of what guys like Bermuda said on here... mainly just emphasizing the beauty in knowing how to and when to play simple and really dig into the groove.

For what it's worth, when I was 17 I thought I was the best F($&@@(; drummer in the world (just like what Taylor Hawkins said, which I thought was how every guy felt at that age)!

By the time I was 22 (like you) I saw my playing as a work in progress....Over 10 years later one of the favourite parts of my day is sitting down at the drums and playing music.

Don't let any criticism or comments get you down, Casey, but also use the legit and helpful ones to help you get better.

All the best.