View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 12:18 AM

Default Yamaha DTX450k Pedal Help.

Just bought this for ourselves as my husband's drum sets are getting dusty..lol! This is the set we decided on and am very happy with this choice over the Roland. One issue....hardwood floors and the beater on the kick is too loud. Tried a softer beater, risers, rugs, foam mats...no go. Now trying to find info on this as my husband would like the double pedals...he is a very experienced drummer, me no way...but first electric set... so told that we could use the hi hat pedal, plug into the back of the base pedal pad and use it. He knows he will lose the hi hat.... then thinking that the other DTX series comes with the other non-beater pedal.... so can we just plug in the hi hat to the base pedal with beater... will it work? Or can we buy one non-beater somewhere to switch it out while playing at night to give the option. Went looking around and the only foot pedals that match this set are only the hi hat yamahas... so are they the same or is there a difference? Hope someone can understand this and help, thanks!