View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 03:32 PM

Default Re: I think it's time we address why stock heads are so bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsits View Post
Here's the batter head logo from the Pork Pie bubinga/cherry snare that I purchased this past week. Has "Head made by Remo USA" in small print at the bottom. Maybe it has something to do with the line directly above it.

I couldn't find any info on the Pork Pie web site. Just that Remo heads are supplied. I'm guessing that since its a single-ply coated head it's an Ambassador. Ditto for the clear snare-side resonant head. My guess is that if Pork Pie wanted a couple thousand Ambassadors with the Pork Pie logo, Remo would be more than happy to comply.

Anyway, I'm going on the assumption that it's an Ambassador. It's been a few years since I bought one. I've been using Evans and Aquarians for a time. I hope that the coating lasts a little longer this time.
That is a 100% genuine Remo USA Ambassador. All US-made Pork Pies ship with Remo USA heads. Remo will honor requests like that if you're buying in bulk. My old favorite drum shop (RIT Drums in Grand Rapids, MI) gets Remo to print their logo (in addition to the regular Remo logo) on all Remo heads they sell.