View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Anyone else get discouraged selling on Craigslist because of all the flakes and low-ballers?

Awhile back I turned an old Sonor Force kit into a jungle kit, converting the 16" floor tom into a bass drum. Gave it to my granddaughter for Christmas.

About a month ago I looked around my music room and wondered what the hell I was doing with that lonely bass drum on the floor in the corner. After double-checking to make sure that my daughter-in-law was not about to allow another drum in their house, I put the B.D. on Craigslist.

For a solid month, nada. Then, yesterday, I got my first response, from someone who asked if I could bring it to his town, which is about an hour away. Considering how little I was selling it for, it wasn't worth the trip, so I said no. Today he came up to our place, saw the drum sitting in the entrance hall, beamed, handed me the money without even any further examination of the drum. Scooped it up with no conversation and rushed back outside to put it into his car.

The whole transaction took only 5 minutes. The dogs didn't even have time to get excited. I pocketed a couple of weeks worth of lunch money for something that had just been in the way.

Today was one of those days when I loved CL.