View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 10:06 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Started smoking again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
... but recently substituted one of those devices where you can buy your own oil and just huff nicotine vapor and flavoring. It does seem to be the lesser of the 2 evils, but nicotine is a poison all by itself. I don't trust the flavorings either, they can't be good for you. So it's a lateral move, those smoking devices. My son has one that looks like a "chamber" pot pipe from the 70's, only straight. In a way, those things, and e cigs, are worse, because people do them in public and I'm sorry but they do have a sickly odor about them. And people around them are still inhaling 2nd hand smoke.

But then you get the people who smoke well into their 80's.

Some people die from it, some don't. Go figure.
I have been using one of those vaporizer/e-cig devices since before thanksgiving. I think it has its plusses and minuses. For one it isn't smoke, just a liquid-vapor. There is a lingering cloud, like cigarettes, but it dissipates fairly quickly. I wonder if I can drown from it?
It also seems "healthier" if you will. There was still a withdrawal period for me, probably from the 132,165,498,421 other things in cigarettes, but definitely not the nicotine withdrawal. The switch was fairly easy. And it doesn't hurt in the morning.

My family has many smokers and many not. Some have died from something related, some from something not. It really seems like a crap shoot. I have been dealing with it for 20 years now myself. I like the e-cig. Real cigarettes are a bit gross to me now.