View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 01:07 PM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Real name? Damian, but everyone calls me Dee
Age? 33
How long have you been playing? 2.5 weeks lol. I've played piano/keyboard on and off since I was 6 and guitar on and off since my teens, but wish I had discovered drums sooner. Absolutely love playing (even doing rudiment exercises is fun!) and my drumming teacher says I'm a natural.
Origin of user name? The Greek variant name of one of the seven princes of Hell. Associated with the sin of lust, just thought it was cool.
Your top 5 drummers? Not too familiar with many yet, but the obvious ones that stick out to me are John Bonham, Neil Peart, Buddy Rich... Also have to mention the previous and current drummers of my favourite band: Mike Portnoy and Mike Mangini.
Make of drumkit? Alesis DM6 Electronic Kit (just to start on), I get to play several nice acoustic kits at the drum studio where I take lessons.
Make of cymbal? N/A
Where do you practice? At home and on an acoustic kit at my lessons
Are you in a band? No
Do you play covers or originals? I write music but just for fun, learning several rock songs on drums so I guess a bit of both for now.
What style of music? Rock and metal mostly, but also into funk, blues, country, reggae, hip hop, classical, a bit of everything really except jazz.
Favourite take out food? Pizza or Curry, can't decide...
What country do you live in? UK
One really odd fact about yourself? I live in a hippy stoner town but don't smoke weed :P
How did you start drumming? Thought I'd give it a try since I wanted to understand the role of drums better, totally fallen in love with the drums already :D