Thread: UPDATE
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 01:27 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: UPDATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamadrm View Post
Ok Lar,down boy..LOL.Mary...REAL nice.Elements of a younger Bonnie Bramlet and some Susan Tedeschi.in your voice,but the end product is all you .Take a listen to both women,as they're some of the best in the Biz.Great song choice also.The song fits your voice.One of my favorite Stones tunes.

You also have some excellent ...stage presence.You LOOK,like a lead singer,without all the extra drama and nonsense,that acompanies so many Divas.

Two last things,.......taking some vocal lessons in person,or online,will strengthen your voice,and maybe help you get more range out of it.They can also help with diaphram breathing and projection.That's not a critique,it's just something to think about.

Lastly,I know some musicians that belong to multiple bands,and play a different instrument in each band,and have a blast doing it.Keep your hand in playing drums...in a live band,if at all possible,as you know,playing with recorded tracks,and playing live,are two different things.Playing live,is where the juice is.Nicely done Mary,I'm a fan......brava!:)

Steve B
Thanks for the wonderful comparison...it's much more than I would have expected. I'm finding that with the tone of my voice, a lot of the bluesy songs seem to work well with for me so I'm sure I'll be doing more of that.

I'm not sure about about looking like a lead singer but I'm glad you thought so. I'm excited and very nervous about singing in front of an audience for the first time!

As to the singing live, I found that out at our bands first practice...it is quite different. But I pulled it off pretty well and I really liked working through the songs with the band mates so I'm looking forward to working that aspect.

I do plan on getting some lessons in the near future...I just have to find someone to work with. I have been watching a lot of vids and reading a lot of articles on tips for singers for now and picking up a few things where I can.

I do want to keep working with my drums. I'm not sure about two bands, one is enough for me to handle right now, but who knows in the future :)

Thanks for your time to listen and all the great advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
May I be the first to request your autograph? Mary, that was awesome. I'm having another wave of impure thoughts over you, thanks for making my day lol. As your confidence grows, your personality is emerging. I really like your voice, and you have soul. Really great girlfriend. There are way less singers than drummers, it seems like singing is your best hand to play. Putting you behind a drumset.....IDK. I think you belong out front. You're hot!

Larry, the funny thing is I feel more comfortable singing than I do behind the kit. I never thought I'd say that! I just feel like I'm abandoning my first love...drumming. And you know theres nothing like a first love! Thanks for the lovely compliments, as well. I love that I could make your day :)