Thread: Meg White
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 12:09 AM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: Meg White

you know i am only posting here because i have recently watched some interviews with jack and meg -- and a great concert film. And this is what the white stripes were doing and what they are about -- according to jack:

he never wanted meg to practice or get good at drums. He forbid her to practice -- that raw, child-like drum banging is the sound he wanted. Remember this is the same guy that could buy the finest gibson or taylor guitars, but instead favored a plastic one from montgomery wards for his life shows.

It was their sound -- and honestly i loved it. It was raw and crude and awesome. Agree or not, but i dont think having steve gadd playing on those songs would have helped -- in fact, it would have hurt that sound that HE wanted and achieved. Personally i think meg is adorable and plays with an energy and freedom that a lot of us "trained and disciplined" now lack. She was the perfect sound for that band and i personally doubt the white stripes would have been as good without her. Obviously jack is the talent, but meg was just what he needed.

Thats my take anyway.

This is me.

This is what I do.