View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 01:26 AM

Default Re: Carmichael throne came in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Ismore View Post
Firm yes, enjoy it. Last nights gig I noticed my CARMICHALE'S foam compressing :(

I don't blame the material/product tho, I've got a lot of hrs on this top and the reality is any foam is going to compress over time. The drag is you lose height when this happens, unlike on conventional tops tho, you don't lose comfort, it felt really good still, just the height issue.

I compensated by turning the CARMICHALE top around, since I don't sit in the middle, the backside is still somewhat fresh. Collapsing the base of the throne, which raises the post height a little is my next 'go to' fix when I need it, was having to do that with the conventional tops I was using b/f CARMICHALE.

ALL foam compresses over time, CARMICHALE not immune, tho when this happens comfort still remains, comfort not even possible with conventional tops.
You scared me when I read those first few lines. I had a Pork Pie throne that compressed like that and eventually I was just sitting on the board or whatever they use. That's my biggest issue w/ thrones is them giving out. Good to know the Carmichael's comfort stays in tact.