View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 07:28 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Anyone else get discouraged selling on Craigslist because of all the flakes and low-ballers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdadruma View Post
craigs has become a joke. I currently have two beautiful kits, and two beautiful snares that just sit there with no buyers. Just scammers and low-ball offers.
I don't care because if I don't sell them, I still get to play them :)
Sounds like you're over-valuing the items to sell, if you priced them in a way that a buyer thought he was getting a good deal on something they needed, they would sell. That's what irritates me about craigs. People (not necessarily you) really think you want to come meet them and pay 80-90% of the new value on the item. That's not what I or anyone I know go to craigslist for. It had better be at least in the 70% or lower range and that's if in good shape. Typically I won't consider a used item on that site for anything less than about half retail.

I guess like you, they don't really care if they sell the item or not. Maybe that's why over-priced stuff stays on there listed for months without a price drop.